Hey Brew nation, welcome back for another weekly coffee accompaniment designed to equip and call you to uncommon leadership. It is my hope that you find these weekly bullets to be useful. Let me know what you think by dropping me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org –
Fill your cup and enjoy!
What you need to know:
- Be Happy : One of my playlists in YouTube is “How To videos I have used”. Most of the time, I will hire out jobs that require putting holes in wall, anything to do with electric, or other tasks that generally may take two to three times longer for me to do it than someone else. Televisions that are made today are so light and hanging them on a wall is so convenient. However, the wires that run down the wall are unsightly and the wire traks aren’t much better. So, I did a YouTube search and found this guy’s video on How to Hide Your TV Wires for $10. I was intrigued. I watched it a couple times and it worked! I am very happy with the results. My total cost was right at $10. NOTE: This video suggests a box cutter. I started with the box cutter and it was a bit frustrating. I borrowed a drywall saw from a neighbor and it was much more effective and less stressful! So, I am happy I could save a few bucks from a contractor and my wife is happy the wires are gone!
- Think Positively: Do you find inspirational tips or leadership lessons from movies? I do. The movie was Miracle – The Story of the 1980 USA Hockey team. This clip is Herb Brooks’s speech to the USA Hockey team before they played the Soviet Union. Brings chills to my spine and my eyes get teared up every time I watch it! A couple quotes I love:
- “Tonight WE are the greatest hockey team in the world.”
- “You were meant to BE here tonight”
- “This is your time”
- Build Faith: Staying with the video theme in this edition, I also find music to be relaxing, inspiring, and motivating. As a man of faith, I am affected by the words of this song, Champion, by Bethel music. A little over 8 minutes, but worth every one of them
What you need to do:
Call to Action: When you feel yourself self-criticizing this week (which often happens), turn the thought around into a positive “I am” statement. Try something like this… say it out loud 3 times:
“I am a Champion.”
“I am meant to be here right now.”
“I am a great ________ (you fill in the blank – e.g., handyman, spouse, friend, etc.)”
Did a friend forward this to you? Make sure you get a copy each week. Please subscribe and I will make sure you automatically get this email every week.
Until next time, go and Grow Champions (and Be Excellent!)!