The Champion’s Brew is a weekly assembly of things I am reading, listening to, or watching designed to equip and call you to uncommon leadership. I believe you will discover that the format is not only useful, but also that you can consume it within the time it takes you to enjoy your daily ‘brew’! Did someone share this with you? You can Become a member of the Champions Brew Nation by subscribing here!!
Here is your weekly drink of what I have been reading and experimenting with to help me to:
- Eat Healthy: So, what are the right things to snack on during the day when the stomach growls hours before dinner? It has been important for me to find more health snacks. I came across this article recently with 15 High-protein, Low Carb snacks to have around for those times where you think you just can’t make it to dinner!! A couple words of caution:
- Portion size! Just because it is a healthy snack doesn’t mean you can eat as much as you want!! Check the serving size on the package
- Cottage cheese is a go to for me! – I enjoy it with a little bit of Buffalo Sauce mixed in. What other mixers do you like (if you like Cottage cheese!)?
- What’s a healthy snack for you that did NOT make this list?
- Exercise daily: What is DOMS? DOMS is Delayed Muscle Onset Soreness – According to this article from Dr. Gabe Mirkin, it is “ when you exercise vigorously enough to feel soreness in those muscles eight to 24 hours later” – Some soreness after exercise is a good thing as when you exercise vigorously, you are actually ‘damaging’ the muscles so that they are even stronger when they heal. This article talks about how to deal with DOMS and also what doesn’t work! So, like with many types of change, a little pain or soreness is good!
- Quote : “Success is nothing more than a few simple disciplines, practiced every day; while failure is simply a few errors in judgment, repeated every day. It is the accumulative weight of our disciplines and our judgments that leads us either to fortune or failure. — Jim Rohn”
As I read about and reflect on this quote, several thoughts come to my mind:
- What is the defintion of ‘success’? I think it varies for everyone, but if you are able to DEFINE what success looks like to you… in a picture or in a story… then you have a better chance of achieving success by understanding the correct disciplines needed to get there.
- I appreciate how he also adds the word ‘judgments’ – Disciplines are important, no doubt. They are VERY important. But, you also have to engage your HEART as you move toward success so you will have to make adjustments based on where you are in the moment
- Success is not an end… Continuous improvement requires you to be just that… continuously improving. Be a lifelong accomplisher of success. I remember many years ago fresh out of college that I thought I would be a ‘success’ if I just achieved a certain salary. After I got there at age 26, was I supposed to stop? Of course not! I do admit feeling a quick celebration and then an emptiness as well. As you grow as an Uncommon leader, your definition of success will ‘grow’ as well.
What you need to do:
Call to Action: Where is your definition of success holding you back? I encourage you to reflect on that and redefine success in an Uncommon way. Make sure that your ‘muscles’ are getting a little sore. Being uncommonly successful is not easy!
I hope you enjoyed this week’s edition of Champions Brew. If you enjoyed it, I would appreciate it if you would share it with a friend who might enjoy it as well and ask them to subscribe! I will make sure they automatically get this email every week.
Also, the Uncommon Leader podcast is live! Click HERE for a list of the episodes of interviews I have done with Uncommon leaders. It has been enjoyable for me, and I know the guests will add value to you as well!
Until next time, go and Grow Champions!