It’s Black Friday! Are you out shopping today? Not me… Maybe a little bit of online shopping. Looking for some Christmas gift ideas for this year? Maybe this edition of the Brew can help out!
The Champion’s Brew is a weekly assembly of material I am reading, listening to, or watching that is designed that I have found intriguing and may help to equip and call you to uncommon leadership.
Here are some gift ideas I might suggest for you to add to that list for the Uncommon Leader in your life:
- My favorite leadership books: How about a Top 5 of my favorite Leadership books that I have read? I am sure that a leader you know would benefit from one of these:
- The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership – A classic, no doubt. This book was the first leadership book I was given by a mentor of mine back in 1998 and there has been no book that has impacted me more.
- Atomic Habits – This is one that I read in 2020 that outlines ways to make tiny changes to achieve remarkable results through the building of good habits and the breaking of bad ones!
- The 4:8 Principle – A 2021 read for me that left a deep impression. Page 1 – “The 4:8 principle is a book about thinking differently, about thinking in a way that maximized your potential for joy. The 4:8 principles is a mindset requiring you to think positive thoughts and reject negative thoughts.
- The Traveler’s Gift – This book is one that I have gifted to high school and college graduates many times. Andy Andrews outlines the Seven Decisions That Determine Personal Success through historical fictional stories of great leaders of our time, including Joshua Chamberlain, Christopher Columbus, and Anne Frank
- The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari – This book was gifted to me back in 2012. I finally chose to read it this year. I guess the saying “When the student is ready, the teacher will arrive” is true for this book. I wasn’t really ready to read it, but when I did… wow…What a read. This book encouraged and inspired me to value time as my most important commodity and live fully, one day at a time.
Choose any one of these 5 as a gift for a a friend and you WILL add value to their life on their leadership development journey!
- Eat Healthy: How about a few gift ideas to help you get started on your better nutrition journey? Here are a few things that I use to help me!
- A digital food scale – No doubt one of the big challenges for me has been portion control A digital food scale can help, especially for measuring proteins that you eat. I am good at underestimating how much chicken or beef that I am grilling up!
- Athletic Greens – Building your immune system is critical. I have used Ahtletic Greens as a daily supplement for over 3 years now. It is an investment you may want to make in yourself for a daily supplement. It has the equivalent of 10-12 servings of vegetables. Use this link to get 5 free travel packs with your first order.
- LoseIt App – The LoseIt App has been a daily part of my nutrition routine as well. Each day I log in the food that I eat allowing me to track and manage the calories and macronutrients I eat on a daily basis. I also use it to track water intake, weight, and body fat %. The upgraded version allows you to track multiple goals. Well worth the investment.
So, don’t get caught up in the crazy Black Friday crowds. I hope that one or more of these items might be good gifts for someone on your shopping list, or an investment in your own personal development!
- Quote: “Giving someone a book is like giving someone a piece of your soul. You may not have written it, but in reading it and experiencing it, a book has become a part of you. Passing it onto someone else is, in a way, like passing on that piece of yourself, too.”
What you need to do:
Call to Action: What is the book that you have gifted the most in your leadership journey? I would like to know which ones are your favorites. Drop me a note: email@example.com
I hope you enjoyed this week’s edition of Champions Brew. If you enjoyed it, I would appreciate it if you would share it with a friend who might enjoy it as well and ask them to subscribe! I will make sure they automatically get this email every week.
Also, the Uncommon Leader podcast is growing! Click HERE for a list of the episodes of interviews I have done with Uncommon leaders. It has been enjoyable for me and I know the guests will add value to you as well !
Until next time, go and Grow Champions!