The Champion’s Brew is a weekly assembly of material I am reading, listening to, or watching that I have put together to equip and call you to uncommon leadership. I often add my own little spin based on my takeaways and would love your input as well. Any of the points especially impact you? Drop me a note at [email protected], or comment below to keep the conversation going! I believe you will discover that the format is not only useful, but also that you can consume it within the time it takes you to enjoy your daily ‘brew’! Become a member of the Champions Brew Nation by subscribing here!!
Here is your weekly drink of what I have been reading and experimenting with to help me to:
- Work Hard: Gotta love Facebook memories and Timehop. I came across a note I wrote 13 years ago about ‘Incomplete’ leadership. Here is what I wrote:
Are you an ‘Incomplete’ Leader?
If you answered ‘Yes’ to that question, then I say “CONGRATULATIONS”. Being an ‘incomplete’ leader does not mean you are an ‘incompetent’ leader.
I just finished listening to the Maximum Impact lesson entitled “In Praise of the Incomplete Leader” by John C. Maxwell. I had a few takeaways from this:
1) As a leader, I am not strong in all areas of leadership…AND that is OK. Believe me, I have plenty of weaknesses. (STILL TRUE TODAY…Hopefully, better in many areas after 13 years!)
2) I have to recognize that all leaders and team members are not going to be ‘like me’ and that is a good thing. (Today, I might use the words ‘be aware’, but still true today.)
3) There is a need to surround yourself with people who are stronger in areas than you are. This is how you will continue to grow, both personally and professionally. (Amen to this. I am so blessed to have people in my life all around me that are better in areas that I need to be better. Mentors, coaches and friends who will hold me accountable.)
- Eat Healthy: Here is a list of 6 Veggies to eat to help you lose weight from EatThisNotThat. I must admit, I was surprised potatoes were on the list. I guess as long as you don’t FRY THEM!! #stopeatingfrenchfries . Anyway, hope you enjoy. For me, the one I could probably find a wy to enjoy more is Bell Peppers.
- Quote: “Before you heal someone, ask them if they are willing to give up the things that make them sick” – Hippocrates
Ouch. That hits a little too close to home. Healing comes in many forms. Work habits, fitness & nutrition, health, faith, relationships, etc. Before you embark on a journey to improve, ask yourself if you are willing to give up what got you sick! If you are not ready to do that yet, you may not be ready to be healed.
What you need to do:
Call to Action: What are the key areas for your business/life/home that are critical in your development? Are you strong in all those areas? If not, congratulations! Go out and find resources(hire, delegate, confidants) to complement the areas of your leadership weaknesses. If I can fulfill any of those resources for you, let me know. (I didn’t know it back then, but I was preparing to be a coach/consultant. My toolkit is larger today than it was 13 years ago. My mistakes are still there. I am committed to lifelong learning and growth. Do you need someone to help hold you accountable? Maybe I can help. Drop me a note at [email protected] and we can set up a free 30-minute call to see if coaching might be for you.
I hope you enjoyed this week’s edition of Champions Brew. If you enjoyed it, I would appreciate it if you would share it with a friend who might enjoy it as well and ask them to subscribe! I will make sure they automatically get this email every week.
Also, the Uncommon Leader continues to grow. The most recent podcast was a great conversation with Michael Gallagher and David Campbell about our Mastermind and the benefits we have already received in just a few short months of accountability to each other! Click HERE for a list of the episodes of interviews I have done with Uncommon leaders. It has been enjoyable for me and I know the guests will add value to you as well !
Until next time, go and Grow Champions!