The Champion’s Brew is a weekly assembly of material I am reading, listening to, watching, or thinking about that is designed to equip and call you to uncommon leadership. I often add my own little spin based on my takeaways and would love your input as well. Any of the points especially impact you? Drop me a note at [email protected], or comment on the blog to keep the conversation going! I believe you will discover that the format is not only useful, but also that you can consume it within the time it takes you to enjoy your daily ‘brew’! Become a member of the Champions Brew Nation by subscribing here!!
Here is your weekly drink of what I have been reading, listening to or watching to equip me to:
- Love Always– Happy Mother’s Day to all of the mothers out there! Specifically, I owe a debt of gratitude to my mother, Vickey Gallagher, and the mother to our children and my wife of 28 years this weekend, Chris Gallagher. Mother, or ‘Mom’, is one of the best leadership titles that one can hold. I thought I would try to honor and recognize some of the traits that great mothers exhibit that align with great leadership
- Mothers are great encouragers – A mother’s love trumps everything. A mother is a child’s most spirited cheerleader, most persuasive advocate, and most unwavering supporter.
- Mothers make sacrifices – motherhood requires a woman’s complete devotion. Moms slow down or even stop their own careers to raise a family. Moms sacrifice sleep beginning with pregnancy, a child’s early years, and even into their adult years. Moms sacrifice warm meals at the expense of hungry children (remember the red cabbage scene in Christmas Story!).
- Mothers are resilient – Moms not only face their own challenges, but they shoulder the challenges of their children as well. To this day, my mom still asks that I text her when I am home from a business trip! Mother is one title that can never go away. Leaders can resign from positions. Mothers are that title for life!
- Mothers are wise – Their experience and intuition is usually spot on. Not much you can slip by your mom. Their quotes will stick with you for a long time… “Kill them with kindness”, or “Make good choices” are two quotes that the moms in my life have imprinted in my mind and on my heart.
- Moms turn ordinary into uncommon – Come on now. Who can’t admit that mom’s peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, (or in my case, Fried green tomatoes) simply can’t be replicated?
Thank you, Moms! Have a great Mother’s Day!!! #LYM
- Read More – I can’t believe thatthis edition of the Champions Brew is the one year anniversary of the release of the first Champions Brew. I want to thank you for investing the time each week to read through the material and engage with the Brew Nation on the blog or via email. In the next year, I am looking to double the reach and impact of the Champions Brew and I need your help to do that. So, I have a couple questions for you. With regards to the Champions Brew:
- What do you want to see MORE of with the Champions Brew?
- What do you want to see LESS of with the Champions Brew?
I have a few other ideas to make the Champions Brew even more valuable for you and will follow up with a more detailed survey, but I would like to hear from you, the loyal readers. If you would be willing to share your feedback with me, please drop me an email: [email protected]. I truly have enjoyed bringing these weekly compilations to you!
- Quote – “”Honor her for all that her hands have done, and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.” – Proverbs 31:31
What you need to do:
Call to Action: Do you have a favorite attribute you observe in a mother in your life? Let her know!
I hope you enjoyed this week’s edition of Champions Brew. If you did, I would appreciate it if you would share it with a friend who might enjoy it as well and ask them to subscribe! I will make sure they automatically get this email every week.
Until next time, go and Grow Champions!
Are you a podcast fan? Maybe the Uncommon Leader podcast is for you. Are you interested in being a guest on the Uncommon Leader Podcast? Do you have a story to tell? Email me [email protected] and let’s have a chat and set something up!!