Welcome back brew nation! It’s the “Friday Coffee Guy” coming to you with a new edition of The Champion’s Brew, a weekly assembly of material I am reading, listening to, watching, or thinking about that is designed to equip and call you to uncommon leadership. I often add my own little spin based on my takeaways and would love your input as well. Any of the points especially impact you? Drop me a note at [email protected], or comment on the blog to keep the conversation going! I believe you will discover that the format is not only useful, but also that you can consume it within the time it takes you to enjoy your daily ‘brew’! Become a member of the Champions Brew Nation by subscribing here!!
Here is your weekly sip of what I have been reading, listening to or watching to equip me to:
- Be an Encourager – Do you build other’s dreams up or do you tear them down? According to one of John Maxwell’s daily tips this week, being an encourager of others is one of the best gifts you can give. Here are 6 steps he discusses on how you can be an encourager:
- Ask them to share their dream with you
- Affirm the person as well as the dream
- Ask about the challenges they must overcome to reach their dream
- Offer your help – This help is not about doing the work of developing the dream for them, but maybe you have a resource to help them or a contact you can introduce them to that can get them closer to their dream.
- Revisit their dream with them on a consistent basis – I look at this step as one of the most important steps. Anyone can ask someone to share, or affirm a dream, but do you take the time to follow up and see how their progress is coming along? That shows a lot of respect for the person who shared their dream with you!
- Choose to be a dream builder, not a dream buster
- Be Well – This week I read a blog from Building Champions coaching company that described 4 tips to improve your well-being. Sometimes it is just good to read some of these things that are helpful, but also affirming to what you are doing and who you are being:
- Create a morning routine – For me, its reading and quiet time
- Monitor your inputs – I have talked about this before, but what are you feeding yourself from a media standpoint. Does it bring you entertainment or relief of stress, or does it create stress?
- Find time for exercise – Health has become a core value for me over the past few years and finding time for exercise has been a very important discipline for me.
- Practice gratitude – This is a muscle that I could exercise more.
- Eat Healthy – Well, this weekend is the 4th of July – What is your favorite tradition for the 4th? Do you cookout? I love to fire up my Traeger for these important days and I am sure I will again this weekend. Here is my favorite recipe to follow for fantastic ribs on the smoker. I hope that each of you have a safe and enjoyable 4th of July holiday. I am grateful to live here in the USA and am for the freedoms that have been bestowed on me!
- Quote – “Faith is acting as if it is so, even when it’s not so, so that it might become so, because God says so!” – Clayton King
What you need to do:
Call to Action: So, whose dream to you need to follow up on with this week? I know three people that I owe some follow-up on, and I commit to doing that. How about you?!
I hope you enjoyed this week’s edition of Champions Brew. If you did, I would appreciate it if you would share it with someone who might enjoy it as well and ask them to subscribe! I will make sure they automatically get this email every week.
Until next time, go and Grow Champions!
P.S. – Are you a podcast fan? Maybe the Uncommon Leader podcast is for you. Are you interested in being a guest on the Uncommon Leader Podcast? Do you have a story to tell? Email me [email protected] and let’s have a chat and set something up!!